It’s time to go…all over the Pacific Northwest! If you’re in the prime of your life—that is, fifty years old or better—you’re invited to a free 50+ Travel Expo from 1 to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 14, to learn about day trips and overnight excursions happening this fall and winter. The expo will be held at the Marshall Community Center, 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd. in Vancouver, in the Oak and Elm Rooms. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided.
The expo will highlight dozens of upcoming trips being offered by Vancouver’s 50 and Better Program throughout Washington and Oregon. Staff will be available to answer questions and help attendees sign up for the trips they’re interested in taking. Trip fees range from $25 per person to $200 or more for overnight trips. Transportation is always included in the fee, along with things like admissions and meals, depending on the trip. Examples of upcoming 50 and Better trips include:
- A trip to St. Joseph’s Winery in Canby, Oregon, for the Grape Stomping Festival
- A visit to Seattle to ride a Duck Boat, visit the Space Needle, and enjoy the Chihuly Garden of Glass
- A cruise to Astoria on the Portland Spirit
- A trip to Ilwaco and Long Beach on the Washington coast
- Several “Adventures in Eating” trips to area restaurants specializing in ethnic foods
- Trips to various local theaters to watch stage plays and musicals
Trips are planned and led by trained volunteers and include all kinds of activities. Some trips involve hiking, walking, or more physically challenging outings, while other trips involve a lot of sightseeing, shopping, eating, and talking! Learn more about the program at www.cityofvancouver.us/messenger/page/50-plus-travel-program.