How’s this for romance on Valentine’s Day: a specially prepared meal in the beautiful and historic Slocum House in downtown Vancouver featuring Herb N’ Roots catering and wine from VanArnam Vineyards. This exclusive “Food Is Love” dinner is hosted by the Wine & Food Society of Clark County and will offer five courses, each paired with a different VanArnam wine. Kent and Allison VanArnam, in fact, will be on hand to pour their wines with each course. Intrigued? Here’s a tempting peek at the menu:
- Crab and artichoke croquette with beet horseradish mostarda and fresh herbs paired with 2015 Riesling
- Chicory salad with walnuts, orange, dry cherry, cocoa vinaigrette, and pink peppercorn-dusted chèvre paired with 2014 Merlot
- Bacon tomato bisque with crème fraîche and fried cornbread croutons paired with 2013 Syrah
- Braised beef shortrib with fresh chive gnocchi, seared asparagus, and lemon beurre blanc paired with 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chai panna cotta with housemade graham cracker, candied apple, and caramel crème Anglaise paired with 2015 Magelica from Perennial Vintners
Doors open at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 14, and the meal will be served at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $75 per person and will not be available at the door. Tickets are available online at Ticket Tomato by clicking here. You can also get tickets in person at Cellar 55 Tasting Room at 1812 Washington St. Tickets are non-refundable. The Slocum House is located in the southwest corner of Esther Short Park at 605 Esther St.