Who doesn’t love pie? (If you don’t, maybe you just haven’t found your PPP–Personal Pie Profile.) Whether you prefer pumpkin, apple, or pecan—or caramel apple, rhubarb, cherry, blueberry, marionberry, coconut cream, chocolate cream, banana cream, French silk, Key lime, peach, or lemon meringue—we can all agree that pie is something worth celebrating. From 5 to 8 p.m. on First Friday, Nov. 3, Downtown Camas will be just the place to celebrate with its family-friendly “Thankful for Pie,” event. Sample all kinds of pies, enjoy after-hours holiday shopping, art shows, kids’ crafts and painting, and activities designed to get you thinking about what makes you feel grateful—just in time for Thanksgiving! Here’s what you can expect:
- Pie tastings in participating businesses–vote for your favorite pie and be entered to win pies and prizes from the merchants
- Pie Walk Dance Party starting at 7 p.m. in Journey Community Church—win a delicious pie or other treats
- Pie raffle with the Downtown Camas Association
- Kids’ autumn crafts and painting with The Paint Roller Mobile Paint Party
- Gratitude Leaves—pick up paper leaves in participating locations, write one thing you are thankful for on each leaf, and add your leaves to the Community Gratitude Branch. Each leaf earns you a ticket to win autumn prizes or pies!
- Art shows at Camas Gallery, Second Story Gallery, and Attic Gallery
First Fridays are themed family-friendly art, activity, dining, and after-hours shopping events coordinated by the Downtown Camas Association each month of the year to support the downtown area and bring the community together. For more information, visit http://downtowncamas.com/event/november-first-friday-2017-thankful-pie and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday.