It’s high season for pumpkin spice lattes, sitting by the fire, and enjoying the comforts of the great indoors. Latte Da Coffee House and Wine Bar offers just the place for all these things, plus delicious soups and sandwiches, delectable small plates, and a selection of soothing teas and local craft beer and wine. Latte Da is also a lively hub where there’s something fun planned every week—including Latte Da’s famous, family-friendly Halloween Party! Latte Da is open most days from 6:30 to 8 p.m., located in a cozy old home at 205 E. 39th St. in Vancouver. Free street parking is available.
Here’s everything that’s happening at Latte Da this October (for more details about these and other events, visit lattedacoffeehouse.com):
- Monday, Oct. 2, Musicians’ Open Mic Night: come to perform…or to listen. All ages are welcome. Sign-ups start at 6 p.m. and music starts around 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 13, Spoken Word Writers’ Open Mic Night: enjoy a night of spoken-aloud poetry and short stories. Sign-ups start at 5:30 p.m. and readings start at 6 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 16, Trivia Night: come on down from 6 to 8 p.m. to answer spooky Hallween-themed questions while enjoying drinks and appetizers. There’s a 2$ suggested donation benefiting Must Love Dogs NW.
- Thursday, Oct. 26, Fall Wine Tasting: welcome the fall with “Bewitching Reds” in Latte Da’s beautiful Tasting Room from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Four tastes are $12. Small appetizers will be provided. Bottles and glasses of the wines being poured will be available for purchase. Bring a date (…better yet, come early for Latte Da’s Happy Hour from 4 to 7 p.m.).
- Saturday, Oct. 28, Kids’ Halloween Party: all ages are welcome to come and celebrate Halloween by playing games and winning prizes. There will be a costume contest from 2 to 4 p.m., with a winner announced at 4 p.m. (Family-appropriate and kid-friendly costumes only, please!)