It’s a lucky month to visit Latte Da Coffee House and Wine Bar, where there’s always something happening and always something delicious to eat or drink. There’s a rollicking St. Patrick’s Day celebration planned, as well as live music, poetry and storytelling, puppies, game night, trivia night, wine, art, and of course COFFEE! To make it easier for you to plan, North Bank Now has laid out, in one handy-dandy list, everything that’s going on this month at Latte Da (which, we shamelessly confess, is one of our most favorite places in the Couve). Latte Da has also got a full menu featuring some of the Couve’s best sandwiches—and some of its yummiest small plates and appetizers, perfect with a glass of craft beer, cider, or fine wine. Latte Da, open most days from 6:30 to 8 p.m., is located in a cozy old home at 205 E. 39th St. in Vancouver and is an all-day destination for coffee, wine, light meals and live music. Street parking is available. For more details about these and other events, visit lattedacoffeehouse.com.
- Monday, March 6, Musicians’ Open Mic Night: come to perform…or to listen. All ages are welcome. Sign-ups start at 6 p.m. and music starts around 6:30 p.m. Full food and drink menu will be available.
- Tuesday, March 7, Meet the Artist: each month, Latte Da features the work of a different local artist on its walls, which is not only fun to look at but also available for sale. February’s featured artists is Gina Kendall, and you can meet her starting at 5 p.m.—just in time for wine and beer, plus Latte Da’s selection of appetizers and small plates.
- Friday, March. 10, Spoken Word Writers’ Open Mic Night: enjoy a night of spoken-aloud poetry and short stories on February’s theme of “Love, Lust, and Obsession.” Sign-ups start at 5:30 p.m .and readings start at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11, Pups & People Dog Meet-up: meet your two and four-legged neighbors at Latte Da’s furry, friendly get-together. Enjoy hot, homemade biscuits and gravy, or anything else from Latte Da’s morning menu. All ages are welcome and guests can buy a bandanas to benefit Must Love Dogs NW, a local dog rescue organization.
- Tuesday, March 14, Game Night: enjoy a night of family-friendly fun, sandwiches, snacks, small plates, coffee, beer and wine. February’s games are backgammon and checkers. Games last from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 17, Latte Da’s Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party! Get your Irish pride on with Latte Da and come on down wearing green and listen to some music by local Celtic band On a Lark and the Fort Vancouver Pipe Band! Raffle prizes, Reuben sandwich special and Guinness! 600-1000pm, all ages are welcome. Food and drink menu available.
- Monday, March 20, Trivia Night: come on down and show off your brain power from 6 to 8 p.m. while enjoying drinks and appetizers. There’s a 2$ suggested donation benefiting Must Love Dogs NW.
- Thursday, March 23, Wine Tasting: come taste “earth-friendly,” sustainably produced wines in Latta Da’s beautiful Tasting Room from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Four tastes are $12. Small appetizers will be provided. Bottles and glasses of the wines being poured will be available for purchase. Bring a date!
- Wednesday, March 29, Sip & Paint: get step-by-step instruction to complete your own masterpiece, along with a glass of wine. Reserve your spot ahead of time in person at Latte Da or by calling 360-448-7651. Class runs from 5:45 to 8 p.m.