Soirée Supper Club/C’est la Vie and Riverside Performing Arts are partnering to throw one delicious, entertaining community Christmas party on Saturday, Dec. 17. Drop by any time from 1 to 4 p.m. for dance classes, cookie decorating, wine and cheese tasting, pictures with Santa, musical performances by Riverside’s Youth Dance Company and Theatre Troup, Christmas crafts, and an ugly sweater contest.
The party—which is free and open to the public—will be held at 1307 N.E. 78th St. in the Hazel Dell area of Vancouver, where Riverside Performing Arts and the C’est la Vie French bistro and creperie are both located, with free parking on-site. Here’s the schedule of events:
- 1 to 1:15 p.m.: opening performance by Youth Dance Company, Theatre Troupe & Preschool
- 1:30 to 3:30: free pictures with Santa
- 1:30 to 3:50: free dance and drama classes for ages two to 8+ (tap shoes available)
- 1 to 3:45 p.m.: ugly Christmas sweater contest
- 1:30 to 3:50 p.m.: Christmas crafts
- 3:30 to 3:55: closing performance by Youth Dance Company, Theatre Troupe & Preschool
Soirée Supper Club & Catering was started by Keri Buhman in 2015 (and if you’ve been to C’est la Vie, then you’ve already got a taste of Buhman’s offerings). C’est la Vie is open Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and also includes a shop with hard-to-find French culinary items. Buhman, a native Couvie, is an experienced and well-traveled sommelier who trained (and later taught) in New Zealand and has served as head sommelier at a five-star resort in the Maldives.