Chef Kim Mahan of Class Cooking has perfected a menu that combines several different Asian-inspired recipes to make one great meal. You can lean how to make this meal, too, at two different Class Cooking classes: one at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 7 ($60, includes coffee) and another at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 9 ($80, includes wine). The cost includes all ingredients, tools, and Mahan’s expert instruction! Plus, each student will take home his or her own recipe booklets. In this class, students will learn several techniques to make tasty tapas. Here’s what’s you’ll be cooking:
- Rice Salad with cucumber, Asian pears, cilantro and almonds
- Salmon wrapped in rice paper with a sweet and spicy sake sauce
- Korean-style baby back ribs
- Grilled Asian eggplant with fish sauce, garlic, and chilies
- Mandarin orange mousse with silken tofu
To register and pay online, click here. You can also call 360-600-8006. Class Cooking is located in downtown Vancouver at 110 E. 15th St., just next door to Burnt Bridge Cellars. Limited off-street parking is available.