Celebrate Julia Child’s birthday at Soirée Supper Club with a six-course meal and seven wines (including a delicious sparkling wine served upon your arrival) this Saturday, Jan. 14. “But Julia Child’s birthday is Aug. 15,” you say, and you’re quite right. However, Chef Keri Buhman—owner of Soirée Supper Club and C’est la Vie French café and créperie in Hazel Dell—was just a bit too pregnant then to cook a full-on, Julia Child-inspired meal. And then the baby was born…and then the holidays happened…and here we are at the snowy beginning of 2017! What better time to celebrate?
The meal, which is $100 per person, will be served from 6 to 8 p.m. The menu features a lot of delicious French things. You might not know how to pronounce them, but that will not stop you from eating them. Just in case you speak French—or Foodie—here’s a sneak peek at the menu:
- Potage parmentier (potato and leek soup)
- French bistro salade (butter lettuce with green onions, Dijon mustard, and lemon)
- Sole Meunière (pan-fried sole with brown butter sauce)
- Boeuf Bourguignon (beef cooked in Burgundy wine with garlic, onions and mushrooms)
- Cheese trolley (mmmm…cheese!)
- Reine de Saba “Queen of Sheba” (chocolate cake with coffee, almonds and sometimes rum)
The price doesn’t include tax and gratuity, but who’s counting? There’s limited seating available so make your reservations soon by calling C’est la Vie at 360-553-5836 or emailing Keri directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Soirée Supper Club is located at 1307 N.E. 78th St., Suite 10, in the Hazel Dell area of Vancouver.