Boomerang is hosting a revved-up art show in July that’s all about “Cars, Cars, Cars,” in honor of the annual Cruisin’ the Gut car show and vintage care festival in downtown Vancouver. It’s possible that this popular show drawing an estimated 20,000 visitors won’t be happening this summer (read this article in The Columbian), but Boomerang is determined to celebrate American’s favorite four-wheeled friend, no matter what.
- Email submission forms and photos before midnight on Saturday, June 24.
- Art drop-off: 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 1, at Boomerang, 808 Main St. in downtown Vancouver; art pick-up: 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, July 29.
- Show dates: July 5-July 28.
- No application fee to submit up to five entries.
- All art sales will be split with 70% going to the artist and 30% to Boomerang. Art can also be donated, or listed Not For Sale.
- Art can be up to 80 inches long on one side, but large-format works should be light enough to be handled by one person.
- Artists should be available during the First Friday reception on July 7.
- Initial submission should be e-mailed as .jpg images in a specific format with an artist’s contact information, biographical information, and artist’s statement; click here for complete details