Boomerang is looking for original art for a month-long art exhibit, “Realism + Impressionism,” featuring Northwest artists. It is open to all Northwest artists, amateur or professional. Artists will be invited from as far north as Bellingham, as far south as Medford, and as far east as Boise. Whether plein air landscape, portrait, or studio still life; whether invented, contrived, or straight visual document, Boomerang Fine Arts will exhibit 2D artworks with an eye toward the representational and the inspirational. The show will be juried on merit and craftsmanship. The exhibit, which runs through September, will be celebrated with a First Friday reception for the artists from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 1. Here are other relevant details:
- Email submission forms and photos before midnight on Friday, Aug. 18
- Art drop-off: 8 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 22, at Boomerang, 808 Main St. in Vancouver, through 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 28
- Show dates: Aug. 29-Sept 29.
- Art pick-up: 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 30
- No application fee to submit up to five entries
- All art sales will be split with 70% going to the artist and 30% to Boomerang. Art can also be donated, or listed Not For Sale
- Artists should be available during the First Friday reception on Sept. 1.
- Initial submission should be e-mailed as .jpg images in a specific format with an artist’s contact information, biographical information, and artist’s statement; click here for complete details