This just in: due to concerns about our next winter storm, this event has been moved to Friday, Feb. 10.
Chocolate treats, romantic movies and activities, art shows, crafts, games, prizes, and more will all be part of the sweet First Friday event in downtown Camas, happening from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 3. Downtown businesses will be serving and selling chocolate delights and other romantic gifts, plus offering wine tastings and Valentine’s Day-inspired promotions. What’s not to love? It’s Camas’ 11th annual “Chocolate Affair to Remember,” a very popular First Friday family event (for obvious reasons). Here’s a sampling of the evening’s activities:
- Guess the candy jar amounts in each participating location and be entered to win the candy and other great Valentine’s themed prizes
- Art receptions with refreshments at Attic Gallery, Camas Gallery, and Second Story Gallery
- Painting “love rocks” with The Paint Roller; paint two rocks—one to keep and one to hide in downtown!
- Valentine’s Day crafts for kids and grown-ups
- Natalia’s Café will offer chocolate fondue for two, chocolate crepes and cookies for kids to frost
- The Liberty Theatre will show the romantic comedy Groundhog Day at 8 p.m.
- Free hair glitter strands and sparkles at The Wild Hair
- Special sales and chocolate tastings throughout downtown shops
- Earn tickets to win for every $10 you spend in downtown