- This event has passed.
Memorial Day Weekend Wine Passport Challenge
May 27, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Southwest Washington wineries are joining together to make your Memorial Day weekend even more memorable with a special Wine Passport. Step one: grab your free passport at any participating winery (there’s a list below) or download a passport from www.swwawine.com. Step two: visit 10 wineries (here’s a map if you need it) over the summer, from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, and get a stamp in your passport at each location. Step three: leave the completely stamped passport at the last winery you visit. Everyone who completes the challenge will win a prize and be entered in a drawing to be held after the Food and Wine Pairing event hosted by the Southwest Washington Winery Association over Labor Day Weekend.
On Memorial Day Weekend, participating wineries will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, May 27, Sunday, May 28, and Memorial Day, Monday, May 29—but call or visit each winery to make sure. Some wineries will also offer special events, sales, small plates and food pairings, art by local artists, and live music. Wines from the 2016 harvest will be released, including locally grown Gewurztraminer, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris, as well as Alvarino, Cayuga, Gruner Veltliner, Viognier, Marechal Foch, Rosé of Grenache, and Mourvedre. For more information, visit www.swwawine.com. Here are the wineries that will be participating in the Memorial Day Weekend event:
- Burnt Bridge Cellars: 1500 Broadway, Vancouver, 360-695-3363
- Confluence Vineyards & Winery: 19111 N.W. 67th Ave., Ridgefield, 360-887-2343
- Emanar Cellars: 1113 S.E. Rasmussen Blvd., Battle Ground, 360-513-2448
- English Estate Winery: 17806 S.E. 1st St., Vancouver, 360-772-5141
- Heathen Estate Winery: 9400 N.E. 134th St., Vancouver, 360-768-5199
- Heisen House Vineyards: 28005 N.E. 172nd Ave., Battle Ground, 360-713-2359
- Olequa Cellars: 24218 N.E. 142nd Ave., Battle Ground, 360-666-8012
- Pomeroy Cellars: 20902 N.E. Lucia Falls Rd., Yacolt, 360-686-3785
- Rezabek Vineyards: 11700 N.E. 279th St., Battle Ground, 360-896-0218
- Stavalaura Vineyard: 29503 NW 41st Ave., Ridgefield, 360-887-1476
The Southwest Washington Winery Association is organized to promote and encourage the development and growth of the grape wine industry in Southwest Washington. Member wineries host four region-wide events throughout the year. More information about the Association and member wineries is available at www.swwawine.com.