- This event has passed.
First Friday Artwalk
December 4, 2015 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
First Friday in downtown Vancouver will possibly be cold, but you’ll warm up with the knowledge that you’re in North Bank’s hottest spot for art, dining, live music, cocktails, craft brews, and most importantly, SHOPPING! Downtown Vancouver’s First Friday Artwalk will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4. You can download a walking map and the First Friday Hotsheet, which details all the merry and bright First Friday goings-on. In the meantime, here’s a smattering of what you’ll discover:
- Luepke Flowers & Finds: gorgeous holiday window displays and a showroom full of gifts, ornaments, and flowers, as well as complimentary Champagne and 20% discounts. Local artist Susan Robinson will be displaying her vibrant landscape series.
- Above & Below Art Studio: Towels & Toys Roundup is a group art show and towel/toy drive to benefit Friends of the Carpenter’s Day Center and Open House Ministries’ programs for children.
- Angst Gallery: Myth-O-Logical explores the stories that humans tell each other featuring mythical creatures and characters, from pre-history to modern urban legends.
- Art on the Boulevard: Lyrical Expressions is animator and illustrator Yer Za Vue’s exhibit of new paintings
- Dengerink Art Supply will highlight Japan’s exquisite decorative papers, which can be used for art and craft projects or framed as a work of art in its own right.
- Gallery 360’s Holiday Art Shop features works by local artists as well as holiday gifts and décor, with live music by jazz duo Upfront.
- North Bank Artists Gallery: Toys and Small Works is a holiday exhibit and sale featuring toys and small works of art by North Bank Gallery artists and friends.
- Erik Runyan Jewelers: Enter a drawing to win a $1,3000 diamond necklace or a framed original painting by Tom Gail, and get your picture taken in sleigh with a free 4×6 print. Appetizers, beverage, and live music by Bells of the Cascades.