- This event has passed.
First Friday Art Walk
October 3, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Downtown Vancouver’s First Friday Art Walk on Oct. 3—when galleries and shops will stay open from 5 to 9 p.m. offering sales, complimentary refreshments, life music, and most of all ART!—will be seasonally spectacular, with new works by noteworthy artists both local and far-flung. Click here for a dowloadable walking map of Vancouver’s Arts District. Here’s what you can feast your eyes on this month:
- Art on the Boulevard: “Identity” by Carrie Vielle with mixed media paintings exploring the many facets of the human form
- Angst Gallery: “Thinning of the Veil” group show featuring works representing the transition from summer to winter
- Aurora Gallery: Bev Jozwiak, a sought-after teacher of watercolor painting, will be signing and selling her recently-published book, “Painting Life With Life”
- North Bank Artists Gallery: “Departures,” a father-and-daughter exhibit by Tom and Diana Relth, and “Back to the Future” by Dale Strouse featuring photographs produced with a mixture of modern and vintage photographic and printmaking techniques
- Vancouver City Hall, Columbia Room: “Strata” by Vicki Lynn Wilson with art from nine local photographers
- Brickhouse Bar & Grill: Art Walk After Party featuring Brian Farrell’s skater-culture imagery; party starts at 9 p.m.