Chef Kim Mahan of Class Cooking spent several years living in Barcelona, and became extremely fond of tapas, the small dishes—often eaten with the fingers and while drinking very good Spanish wine—that Spain is famous for. But you don’t need to go to a tapas bar (unless you want to, of course); you can create all this deliciousness from scratch at home. Host your own tapas night for friends with the recipe’s you’ll learn to make at Class Cooking at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 11. The cost is $80 and includes all ingredients, tools, instruction, and wine! Plus, each student will take home his or her own recipe booklets. In this class, students will learn several techniques to make tasty tapas. Here’s what’s you’ll be cooking:
- Melon, chorizo, and artichoke salad
- Tortilla Español (potato and onion omelet)
- Ham and chicken croquettes (fried amazingness)
- Spinach empanadas filled with spinach and currants
- Pinchos moruños (spicy pork kebabs)
- Pan con tomate (bread with garlic and tomatoes)
- Lemon sponge cake with whipped cream
To register and pay online, click here. You can also call 360-600-8006. Class Cooking is located in downtown Vancouver at 110 E. 15th St., just next door to Burnt Bridge Cellars. Limited off-street parking is available.
Above image: empanadas!