Get those cast iron skillets out of the cabinet and onto your stovetop! These versatile pans are prized for their longevity, the non-stick qualities that can be maintained indefinitely for the skillet’s lifetime (which may be a couple hundred years!), and for the subtle flavor that many cast-iron fans say it imparts to the foods prepared in it. Chef Kim Mahan of Class Cooking will prepare several recipes using Finex cast iron pans (which you can also purchase on-site at Class Cooking) at two classes on June 16 and June 17. Hint: these pans also make great Father’s Day gifts—as do classes at Class Cooking! Here’s what’s on the menu for the Cast Iron Cooking classes:
- Wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing and bacon
- Spatchcock chicken roasted on a bed of rosemary and garlic
- Roasted green beans with shallots and pecans
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes and parsnips with horseradish bread crumbs
- Hot fudge brownie cake with ice cream
The Friday, June 16, class ($60 per person) will be held at 10 a.m. and includes coffee. The Saturday, June 17, class ($80 per person) will be held at 5 p.m. and includes wine. Are you hungry yet? Good. Call 360-600-8006 or visit www.class-cooking.com to get signed up. Class Cooking is located in downtown Vancouver at 110 E. 15th St.