May is just around the corner, and there’s no place lovelier than a warm spring evening at Latte Da Coffee House and Wine Bar, where the patio is open for the season and there’s always something going on. From May 1 to May 25, there’s something happening every week: live music, poetry and storytelling, puppies, trivia night, wine tasting, and a special Mother’s Day Brunch!
Latte Da has also got a full menu featuring some of the Couve’s best sandwiches—and some of its yummiest small plates and appetizers, perfect with a glass of craft beer, cider, or fine wine. Latte Da, open most days from 6:30 to 8 p.m., is located in a cozy old home at 205 E. 39th St. in Vancouver and is an all-day destination for coffee, wine, light meals and live music. Street parking is available. For more details about these and other events, visit lattedacoffeehouse.com.
- Monday, May 1, Musicians’ Open Mic Night: come to perform…or to listen. All ages are welcome. Sign-ups start at 6 p.m. and music starts around 6:30 p.m. Full food and drink menu will be available.
- Saturday, May 13, Pups & People Dog Meet-up: meet your two and four-legged neighbors at Latte Da’s furry, friendly get-together. Enjoy hot, homemade biscuits and gravy, or anything else from Latte Da’s morning menu. All ages are welcome and guests can buy a bandanas to benefit Must Love Dogs NW, a local dog rescue organization.
- Friday, May 12, Spoken Word Writers’ Open Mic Night: enjoy a night of spoken-aloud poetry and short stories. In honor of Mother’s Day, May’s theme is mothers and motherhood. Sign-ups start at 5:30 p.m .and readings start at 6 p.m. All ages are welcome to participate.
- Sunday, May 14: Mother’s Day Brunch! Treat mom to something specials this Mother’s Day and take her out for some made-to-order Belgian waffles with fresh berries and housemade whipped cream, served with pure maple syrup and sausage links or biscuits and country sausage gravy served with sausage links. Half-price mimosas all day! Make your reservations for parties of four or more in person, by phone, or online at lattedacoffeehouse.com.
- Monday, May 15, Trivia Night: come on down and show off your brain power from 6 to 8 p.m. while enjoying drinks and appetizers. There’s a 2$ suggested donation benefiting Must Love Dogs NW.
- Thursday, May 25, Wine Tasting: Come taste a selection of wines made by female winemakers. Tastings are held in Latte Da’s beautiful Tasting Room from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Four tastes are $12. Small appetizers will be provided. Bottles and glasses of the wines being poured will be available for purchase.