There’s always something happening at Latte Da Coffee House and Wine Bar, where this popular local hang-out is finishing the summer in style. Here’s a list of their August events, from puppies to painting, from live music to wine tasting—and of course there’s always good coffee and great food. As we head into the start of a new school year, Latte Da is supporting local schoolkids with a school supply drive for Lincoln Elementary from Aug. 1-31. Bring in five school supplies or a cash donation of $1 and get a ticket for Latte Da’s Back to School Bingo night on Aug. 25, redeemable for one bingo card. For more details, read on:
- Monday, Aug. 1, Musicians’ Open Mic Night: Come on down and perform or listen to some music. All ages are welcome. Sign-ups start at 6 p.m. and music starts around 6:30 p.m. Latte Da’s full food and drink menu will be available.
- Tuesday, Aug. 2, Sip & Paint: Relax and unwind with a glass of wine and a no-fail painting class. RSVP by contacting artist/teacher Bonnie Junell through her website, BonnieJunellArtist.com. 5:45 to 8 p.m. One glass of wine is included in the class price, and Latte Da offers an excellent selection of small plates and appetizers.
- Thursday, Aug. 4, Relay for Life Concert & Silent Auction from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets for this community fundraiser are $15 and are available for purchase beforehand at Latte Da and on the day of the event. Live music will be provided by Grammy award-winning guitarist Doug Smith. For more details, call Brenda at 360-713-3044.
- Friday, Aug. 12, Spoken Word Writers’ Open Mic Night: Enjoy a night of spoken-aloud poetry and short stories. Sign-ups start at 5:30 p.m .and readings start at 6 p.m. All ages are welcome to attend and perform. Latte Da’s full food and drink menu will be available.
- Saturday, Aug. 13, Pups & People Dog Meet-up: Meet your two and four-legged neighbors at Latte Da’s furry, friendly get-together. Enjoy housemade Belgian waffles with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream, or anything else from Latte Da’s morning menu. All ages are welcome and guests can buy a bandanas to benefit Must Love Dogs NW, a local dog rescue organization
- Thursday, Aug. 25, Back to School Bingo Night and Wine Tasting: Latte Da’s back to school supply drive will culminate in this night of bingo and wine tasting, with wine tasting from 5:30 to 7:30pm and bingo games starting at 6 p.m. Donate school supplies or $1 to get your bingo card. All ages are welcome.