Vancouver’s Downtown Association bestowed its “Game Changer” awards to several downtown Vancouver businesses at it’s “Toast and Jam” awards breakfast last week, and we thought you’d like to hear who the winners are so that you can visit those locations and offer your congratulations! As Vancouver’s Downtown Association President Linda Reid noted, the awards breakfast “is a celebration of the people and projects that are making great things happen in our rapidly-growing city center.” Who are some of the lucky winners, chosen by a public vote? Read on…
- Outstanding Façade Improvement: Bleu Door Bakery and owner Bonnie Brasure
- Cash Register Ringer Event: Sip & Stroll, organized by The Hough Foundation
- Golden Broom Award for outstanding storefront: Divine Consign
- Peoples’ Choice for Favorite Event: Six to Sunset Concert Series
- Favorite New Busines: Heathen Brewing’s Feral Public House
Additional awards were given to downtown developers, architects, business owners and volunteers. A complete list of all the award winners will soon be available at www.vdausa.org. Vancouver’s Downtown Association is a 501©3 that focuses all of its volunteer efforts on the appearance and connectivity of Vancouver’s downtown core. It works with property owners, event planners, businesses, downtown residents, and others to elevate downtown to the position of “top of mind.”
Above photo: a peek inside the gorgeous Bleu Door Bakery, taken shortly after it expanded and re-opened. Photo courtesy of the Vancouver Business Journal.