Wear chartreuse, celadon, spring green, Kelly green, lime green, forest green, seafoam green, or emerald green for Go Green!—the March 6 First Friday event in Downtown Camas. You’ll see lucky leprechauns, Eartha the clown, and a Green Zone featuring local nonprofits that care for the environment. The event, which runs from 5 to 8 p.m., also features outdoor s’mores roasting on the corner of Fourth and Birch.
Participating merchants will sport “lucky leprechauns” and for every leprechaun you find, you’ll receive a prize ticket to be entered to win prizes. Lucky leprechaun “passports” can be found in stores, at the Downtown Camas Association table at Journey Community Church at 304 N.E. Fourth, and at the Second Story Gallery upstairs at the Camas Library. If you drop by the gallery, you’ll want to attend the opening reception for “Murmurations of Art,” the new exhibit showcasing five women artists from all over the country creating art from many different mediums. Other activities include:
- Wear green and receive a prize ticket to be entered to win prizes from the merchants; wear a green hat and receive three!
- Merchants will have “green lists” in their windows showing all the ways downtown businesses care for the environmen
- Navidi’s Olive Oils will host Leslie McMillan, who recycles sweaters into stylish dresses and gives all proceeds from sales to the homeless
- Bring kid-friendly food items for Journey Church’s “Pack the Pantry” drive to support Treasure House Food Bank and be entered into a prize drawing
- Camas Souvenir Company will give away $10 gift certificates for in-store purchases of Camas items
- Live music by the Stellar Jays at Camas Gallery and by Bylines Duo at Birch Street Uptown Lounge
- Irish-inspired ale and libations at downtown pubs and lounges
- Free green hair tinsel at The Wild Hair
For more information about First Friday and other wonderful happenings in downtown Camas, visit www.downtowncamas.com.