The North Bank’s cup runneth over with craft beer, gold-medal wine, house-roasted coffee and hand-blended tea, not to mention hard cider and small-batch distilled spirits. The ‘Couve’s artisan drinkmakers invite you to try them all at the next Drink This! event on Saturday, Jan. 24, from 4 to 9 p.m.
Stroll around downtown Vancouver and visit our coffeehouses, tasting rooms and brewpubs. In addition to enjoying the yummy drinks, there’ll be live music in many venues and the beveragemakers themselves will be on hand to discuss the finer points of distilling, brewing, roasting, fermenting, and blending. Businesses will stay open late to give you extra time to browse, sample, discuss and purchase.
There’s no registration or admission fee to participate, although some businesses may charge for samples. Start by getting a Drink This! walking map from The Grocery Social & Cocktail (115 W. 7th St.), Charlie’s Bodega (1220 Main St.), Cellar 55 Tasting Room (1812 Washington St.), Tommy O’s (801 Washington St.), or Dirty Hands Brewing (114 E. Evergreen Blvd.). Once you’ve got your map, collect stamps by drinking artisan beverages. When you get four stamps, turn your map in to any location to win prizes. Get another map and continue walking and sampling. For more details, visit the Drink This website at www.drinkthisvancouver.com. In the meantime, to wet your whistle, here’s a list of which establishments are serving what:
- Kiggins Theatre – Mill City Brew Werks
- Mt. Tabor Brewing – craft brews
- Cellar 55 Tasting Room – Purple Star wines
- Dirty Hands Brewing Company – craft brews
- The Grocery Cocktail & Social – “Hair of the Holidays” cocktails
- By the Bottle – sours and hard ciders
- Niche Wine & Art Bar – wine from Lady Hill Winery
- Dublin Down Irish Pub – Loowit craft brew
- BeigeBlond Salon – spirits from Double V Distillery
- Tommy O’s – craft cocktails
- Charlie’s Bodega – “Charlie’s Choice” cocktails