What's extra-hot right now at Vancouver's Downtown Association? The First Friday "Hot Sheet," of course—that's the downloadable PDF that lists all the most awesome stuff to do during the First Friday Artwalk in downtown Vancouver from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 4.
Take a peek at the Hot Sheet and see, at a glance, what's new and what's happening: new art exhibits, new places to explore, and live music to enjoy. Plan your evening by choosing from among downtown Vancouver's hip galleries, wine tasting venues, restaurants, vintage shops, clothing and home décor boutiques, and theaters with live performances. A downloadable walking map is also available. The Art Walk is always free, although you'll want to come prepared—you never know what might catch your eye or tantalize your taste buds!
Here's a brief sampling of what you'll find:
- Art on the Boulevard: "Oleg Ulitskiy—New Works"
- North Bank Artists Gallery: "Weather You Like It or Not" by Inner Light Photographic Society
- Cellar 55 Tasting Room: works by artist Al Flory
- Brickhouse: Jamie Brown's digital pinup paintings and "Garden of Lost Dolls" with happy hour and live music until midnight
- Aevum Images: works by photographer Kate Singh
- Gallery 360: spring exhibition of the Southwest Washington Watercolor Society with harpist Raelyn Olson
- Main Street Vintage Home: open late with free wine and appetizers
Above: detail from painting of the Smith Building on Main Street in downtown Vancouver, by James Dunbar